Take this short test and find out whether you can keep calm or it is high time for you to get in touch with me.
YES OR NO?
1. Are you feeling tired during the day even though you slept enough hours?
2. Do you have problems to ”switch off” after work and on the weekends?
3. Do you often catch infections (such as colds, flu)?
4. Do you drink more alcohol (or use other drugs) than usual in order to relax?
5. Do you have difficulties falling asleep or do you wake up in the night?
6. Do you have difficulties to concentrate and during a conversation you lose the thread?
7. Are you more often than usual overloaded with work and other things to do and you feel it is all beyond you?
8. Do you get nervous and react aggressively when something does not go according to your plan?
9. Do you suffer from frequent headaches, stomach pains or heart palpitations?
10. Do you feel that you are more the victim than the master of your life?
11. Does a fly on the wall or ringing phone irritates you more than before?
12. Do you separate yourself from friends and avoid socializing?
13. Do you feel exhausted and fell that you are not able to continue living like that anymore?
14. Do you catch yourself on negative and aggressive thoughts directed at yourself or other people?
15. Are you afraid that you may lose control over yourself and your behavior?
THE MOMENT OF TRUTH
If you answered YES to 4 or fewer questions, you don’t need to worry about your level of stress. You deal with stress well on both work and private level.
If you answered YES to 5 or more questions, a consultation with a specialist would be a good idea. Chronic stress that lasts for months or years can lead to serious ailments and later to illnesses of the body and mind.